09 June 2009

I hadn't been to Wisconsin in five years and the last time I went there was by air. The road trip was long (12 hours to get to my sister's). Of course we stopped several times on the way in. We stopped briefly at the Bead and Button show in Milwaukee, but I read the schedule wrong and the Marketplace wasn't open to the public that day. My bad. We did get to see some incredible pieces of jewelry on display in the lobby and a peek at the Marketplace. WOW. I'm definitely planning to go next year.

My sister's oldest daughter just moved to Milwaukee so we stopped by to see her apartment and give her a few house warming gifts. We bought a chair from IKEA for her and of course it needed to be assembled. Not too difficult to do and it looks great. Then we all went out to dinner. We were heading for TGIFriday's when we passed a place called Stir Crazy. It sounded interesting and new, so we tried it. The food was very delicious. Everyone enjoyed their entree choice and it was good to spend time with Steph and hear about her new job.

We then continued on to my sister's house in Neenah. The weather was good when we arrived. The day my niece graduated was a perfect day and the ceremony was indoors so the weather wasn't an issue. Then a cold front moved in and it was "cold". Record low temps while we were there. To celebrate Al's graduation we all went to a "teppanyaki" restaurant for dinner. It was very entertaining and the food again was wonderful. Lots of leftovers for my brother in law to enjoy this week.

My sister took me to the "Glass Onion" bead store. Very cute shop in an old house. I bought some mixed seed beads in green and a few other strands of beads. I probably would have gotten more but it was like an oven in the store. Several other patrons mentioned the temperature to the salesclerk but to no avail. My sister saw the thermostat which was set at 68 degrees but the temp was 83 degrees - hot.

On Saturday we watched the movie "Marley and Me" except for the end. I hadn't seen the movie before but read the book and knew the ending. The Stanley cup finals were on while we were there so we couldn't miss cheering our Red Wings on to victory in Game 5.

All in all it was a wonderful weekend. Good food, shopping, and great company.

0 comments: